First Steps Investment Dealing Account

Existing customer?

Looking to top up a child savings account? The easiest and quickest way for all our child savings accounts is our 24-hour online service. Log in using your Personal ID and password and top up by debit card.


First Steps IDA

It's natural to want to provide for your child financially.

First Steps IDA at a glance

  • No investment limits
  • You control when the Child gets access to their investments
  • Quick and flexible online trading service
  • Anyone can open a First Steps account, you don’t need to be a parent, guardian
  • You can have multiple Accounts for one child

A word about Trusts

If you like you can set up a trust to hold a First Steps Account for your child. There are different types of trust, but broadly speaking you can use a trust to make it clear from a legal point of view that the investments are being held for the benefit of the child.
The terms of the trust also set the ground rules for how and when they can be given control over those investments.

Getting help

We are very happy for a trust to hold a First Steps Account but we can’t arrange one for you. You will have to do this separately with the help of a lawyer or financial adviser.


Why Norvalden for First Steps IDA?

Account fees that don’t grow with your investment

Save regularly from $50 a month

Stop, start and change your payments whenever you like

24/7 access to manage your Junior ISA online

Over 4,000 investments to choose from

Norvalden® is registered and authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Norvalden® gives no financial or investment advice.


Please remember the value of your investments and any income from them can go down as well as up and you may get back less than the amount you originally invested.
All investments carry an element of risk which may differ significantly. If you are unsure as to the suitability of any particular investment or product, you should seek professional financial advice. We can't give you financial advice.
Laws and tax rules may change in the future without notice. The information here is our understanding as of April 2018. This information takes no account of your personal circumstances which may have an impact on tax treatment.